Monday, September 30, 2013

Vanguard 10x42 Binocular with ED Glass (Black)


Vanguard makes great binoculars but I like the 8.5 X 45 better than the 10X40
I finally decided that I like to bird watch enough and make enough money to justify purchasing a really good pair of binoculars. Over the years I have had many pairs of under $100 binoculars and also own a slightly more expensive pair of compact Pentax binos so, I'm used to looking through lower cost binos. I read many online reviews before my purchase. Vangaurd binoculars seems to consistently be rated as a best buy. I was willing to spend 3 or 4 hundred dollars on a pair of binoculars but I wasn't willing to spring for a grand. Vangaurds, especially with ED glass, seemed to compare favorably to much more expensive binos.

I did a side by side comparison of this binocular and the Vangaurd Endeavor 8.5 X 45 version. I actually thought I was going to want the higher power 10x42 version of the Endeavor. Based on my cheaper binoculars, I tended to like my 10 power binoculars better than lower powered ones. It look very little time to determine that the 8.5x45 binoculars...
Great set of Binoculars
Bought these binos because of a review I read. I must admit that I was a little apprehensive as back in the early 90's I had a set of Bausch and Lomb Elites costing well in excess of $1000 and these had a lot of living up to do! Well I would not hesitate in recommending these binos to anyone. They may not have a 'big player' name but if you get the chance take a look at them and then compare them to a pair of Leica or Swarovski's I promise you will be very surprised. I was.
I am an avid birder and light transmission and clarity without chromatic aberration is paramount. I do not think I would justify spending a couple of thousand dollars when to me these are just as good.
Great Binos for the money
These are excellent binoculars. You won't find better quality and clarity for the money period. I've looked at $1,000 binoculars such as the Zeiss conquest HD's for a while now knowing I need some new binoculars for hunting season. But cringe every time I think about spending that much money to see something far away. I have never heard of this brand before until I searched here on Amazon. Saw some great reviews and decided to give them a shot. I was pleasantly surprise to say the least. I wear glasses so the adjustable eye piece is a great feature. The clarity and focus are great. They feel high quality. I can tell you right now, in my opinion there is not a $600 difference between these and the high dollar binoculars. I really cant think of something I dont like about them to be honest.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment