Easy right out of the box
I have owned several brands of trail cameras over the years. They all become inoperable over time but when you need a trail camera I seem to be drawn to Moultrie. They held up the best around this price range. I expect this one will dud out eventually but for now after one day and night of use in the field, here is my review.
Very easy to set up and install. You almost do not need directions if you have had past experiences with other trail cams.
Better strap now is provided. If you worry about security don't. Any committed thief will get this camera off the tree. It does have a security code that perhaps would be able to hack the code but for your common thief, I think they would not have enough intelligence to break the code.
Day time video is very nice. I am using SanDisk Extreme Pro 8 GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 95MB/s SDSDXPA-008G-AFFP and I set the trail camera to the highest setting. Very rich and colorful picture. Pretty good night...
Works GREAT
Easy to set up and use. Purchased this due to a land dispute with a neighbor that was removing/destroying survey markers. This unit caught them in the act.
Love the view screen.
Excellent trail camera. I like the built-in view screen, which allows you to see what you are actually taking a video of. The only issue, the motion detection is VERY sensitive and no adjustment. The wide angle lens covers soo much area, any movement in the trees or bushes will trigger the camera.
Great images and the sound is excellent. The mic is VERY sensitive, I could hear a coyote lapping up water from my wildlife watering tank. Being a unidirectional mic it picks up sounds from all around the camera, which is a bit distracting in the wind. I fashioned a small cardboard cover, so the mic picks up better from the direction the camera is pointed.
6/28/2013 Something happened to the memory on this camera, it no longer kept the video settings once programmed and failed back to the photo mode. Returned it to Moultrie.
Click to Editorial Reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment