Monday, September 30, 2013

Motorola MT352TPR FRS Weatherproof Two-Way - 35 Mile Radio Triple Pack - Silver


Test Results: Motorola MT352R vs Motorola MR350
Just to give you some background, I have been an Amateur radio enthusiast for about 3 decades now. I collect radios and I am a member of a Disaster volunteer radio group. I have 2 Base Stations and dozens of professional and consumer radios of all brands spanning 3 decades.

I really wanted to give you a very detailed comparison of these 2 radios. Prior to buying these radios I called up Motorola and Giant and got information from them about these MT352R handhelds. They told me that it is generally the same as the MR350 except that it is more forgiving to bad weather and has a much better battery. I ordered them and when they arrived I did a side by side comparison with my favorite consumer radio, the Motorola MR350. I have 4 of MR350s and I have had them for about 4 years now, and they are still working great. So when I did my field test I was expecting the same performance out of both radios in terms of distance and clarity.

Here is my side by side...
Radio Check
These radios are great for the price. We use them for camera crews working different areas of large convention centers. Fair communication indoors up to 1/2 mile, nothing beyond that. Still much better than other lesser distance radios. No interferance either way with pro audio equipment. I recommend you buy better headsets, the supplied units all only worked intermittantly, not dependable. battery life needed watching, would go from 2/3 down to zero. Seemed like the display was not refreshing often enough to help, just charge them daily for heavy use, every other day for random day use. great product for this semi-pro price range.
Best audio clarity
We own a few radios but this is the best one yet. The audio clarity is great! Flashlight is a cool addition and the fact that it charges through mini-usb. I hated those bulky chargers, never liked carrying those along and never understood why they would not do the same as they do for their cellphones.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment