Fire safe with some nice extra security features
This is the third Sentry Safe I own, and like the others I am really impressed by how sturdy and well-made this one is. It has everything I could want in a fire safe; very high quality construction, great fire safety, multiple security features, and enough space to store my valuables.
Security - Being about 100+ pounds without anything in it, it's not the kind of safe someone is going to easily walk off with. It also comes with two four-inch bolts and two shorter bolts that can be drilled into the floor for an extra level of security. The door hinges are very thick, solid and have no spots for someone to pry. You need both a key and a combination to open the safe. The combination that comes with the safe cannot be changed, so make sure not to lose your numbers.
Size - The interior is roomy; definitely enough space for the average person to store their basic valuable documents, jewelry, some electronics, etc. There is a removable shelf that can be placed on 9...
There are a few thing to know about this safe.
I looked at alot of safes and reviews and found this safe to be cheaper at Lowe's for 149.00 but with no
key lock. Works great for me just another thing to loose. When I read the instructions about mounting it
to the floor it notes that this will void your water resistant warranty. Because you have to drill holes
thru the bottom of the safe. Then it goes on saying even it you don't drill holes to mount it on the floor
condensation will form on the inside of the safe and you must open the safe every 2 weeks to air it out or
things you have in the safe you don't want to get damp will. WOW, that amazing you buy there safe to keep
your valuables safe and the safe itself can ruin them. So I guess now I will have to get some good zip-lock
bags and put everything in before I put them in the safe. I still kept the safe but I'll take extra measures
to protect the contents. Just thought you should know before you buy.
Impressive Home Safe
I read a lot of following reviews for this product and there seem to be several about shipping damage. I decided to purchase this safe at the local Home Depot and it was listed at $159.00 as the normal price. I was expecting a heavy safe and indeed it was. Thinking the weight would be a good deterrent for thieves I wanted to see how difficult it was to carry the safe by myself. I was able to carry the safe (inside the box) up three flights of stairs to my apartment by myself (without stopping)... although I was extremely winded after my experiment. When I took the safe out of the box I had trouble lifting it, let alone moving it somewhere in the house. The outside is extremely slippery and there would have been no way of carrying this by myself for any long distances. I had trouble carrying it to a new room in my apartment. This made me extremely excited, because a single thief would really struggle to go anywhere fast with this thing. Granted all safes could be broken into, but if a...
Click to Editorial Reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment